Doors On Demand is an Authorized Dealer of the Sunshine Door.
The Sunshine Door is made of polycarbonate construction and is extremely light weight, durable, provides fire resistance and comes in a variety of colours. This is a superior product choice in the residential, commercial, agricultural and specialty applications.
These transparent polycarbonate panels are durable while still allowing light into your business.
Residential & Commercial Operators
With Alberta’s frigid winters and shorter days, you need an overhead door that delivered both light and insulation. The Sunshine Door was produced to fill this need.
Ideal for everything from custom homes to shops and garages. Constructed of a triple wall, virtually indestructible polycarbonate with an anodized, powder-coated aluminum frame and hard-wearing rubber gaskets between each section, the Sunshine Door was engineered to withstand the harshest conditions.
The Sunshine Door has the added benefit of being as wide and high as 30 feet, comfortably accommodating larger structures. Manufactured in Red Deer, Alberta, the Sunshine Door is recognized internationally as one of the finest on the market, an ideal choice for brightening interior spaces.
Perfect for structures where doors are opened often and designed for use with high-speed door openers. The Sunshine Door is half the weight and 140 times stronger than glass and provides up to 80 per cent visible light transmittance. When choosing the best door for areas requiring natural light, make the “bright” choice: the one and only original Sunshine Door.
- multi-wall construction
- insulating air space within the internal channels
- excellent energy-efficiency and significant reductions in heating costs
- R-Values up to 3.7 or U-Values down to .27
- highest level of thermal insulation available polycarbonate sheet material
High Impact Resistance
- 140 times stronger than glass
- Polycarbonate sheet offers extremely high impact resistance
- minimal risk of damage or breakage resulting from fallen ice, snow, hail or dislodged roofing tiles
- Polycarbonate sheet can also withstand constant thermal extremes, wind, and building settling/movement without cracking or splitting
- Polycarbonate sheet is available in transparent grades which allow up to 82% light transmissions depending on thickness Fire Performance
- Polycarbonate sheet is CC-1 flame rated and
- Polycarbonate sheet passes E-84 steinner tunnel
- a significant performance advantage compared to other plastic materials